I believe many of us are happy because tomorrow is a public holiday for us Victorians and I am particularly happy because I get to spend the long weekend with The Boyfriend.
I've also got some good exciting news to share with you. The very lovely Heather from Taylors Wines contacted me a couple of weeks ago, wanting to run a giveaway on my blog. Of course, I said YES! ;)
Uh huh, one lucky reader will be sent two bottles of Taylors Estate Gewürztraminer. Woohoo!!!
Naturally I thought of whipping up a dish that would match this award winning wine, and was glad to find a food and wine pairing list.
It seems this wine is best when paired with East Asian cuisine especially curry. So I decided, well, Thai Red Curry Prawns it is! ;)
Thai Red Curry Prawns
Recipe by The Bakeanista
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 600g medium green prawns, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste (I used Mae Ploy brand)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 250ml can coconut milk
- 200g snake beans, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 dried chilli
- 250g bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan over high heat. Stir fry prawns for 1-2 minutes until pink in colour. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat another 1 tbsp of oil in same pan. Add Thai red curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add stock and coconut milk then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add beans, kaffir lime leaves and dried chilli. Stir in fish sauce.
- Return prawns and stir until heated through. Serve on bowl then garnish with a squeeze of lime juice and coriander leaves.
Enjoy warm with a bowl of coconut/jasmine rice and of course, a glass (or maybe two glasses) of Taylors Estate Gewürztraminer. ;)
And now onto the best part - the wine giveaway! :)
Taylors Wines would love to giveaway two bottles of Taylors Estate Gewürztraminer to one lucky reader. All you have to do is to simply leave a comment below, sharing your favourite food and wine pairing!
Please also leave your email address in the comment so I am able to contact you via email if you're picked as the winner. You may re-enter once a day to increase your chance of winning. ;)
Winner will be drawn using Random Number Generator on the 20th March 2014 and announced by 21st March 2014.
Please note that this giveaway is open to Australian residents only. You'll also need to be of a legal drinking age (18+) and be able to provide proof of age (ie. photo/scan copy of drivers license will need to be sent to Taylors Wines to verify your age before they can send you the wine).