I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Marble Fluffy

I was a tad bit afraid to tackle two flavours of fluffy in one. But I was quite desperate for MORE fruffyness so I made it anyway. Now that I've succeeded, it didn't seem as hard as I thought it would be. Only a lil more arduous than one flavoured chiffons, but it's all worth it. My only problem is that the chocolate flavour isn't strong enough. Maybe I'll add in more cocoa powder in the future. :D

A friend asked me for the recipe, so I thought I'd share it here with all of you. I came up with this recipe myself, so try it only if you dare to. Recommended for 23-cm tube pans! ;)

Marble Fluffy

Ingredients:
(A)
6 egg yolks
45g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
80ml vegetable oil
80ml water
1 tsp vanilla essense
95g cake flour (sifted 3 times)

(B)
10g cocoa powder
10g flour

(C)
6 egg whites
100g caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

Method:
1) In a bowl, mix using electric mixer, egg yolks, sugar and salt, until sugar dissolves and mixture turns pale and creamy.

2) Add in oil, followed by water, then vanilla essence; ensuring that you mix well before you add the next item.

3) Fold in flour in 3 separate additions and mix well until you don't see ugly lumps.

4) Divide the mixture into two equal portions in two separate mixing bowls.

5) Mix 10g flour into one of the mixture.

6) Mix 10g cocoa powder into the other respective mixture. Set both the mixtures aside.

7) In another clean bowl, with a clean set of mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add in cream of tartar and beat until foamy-like.

8) Gradually add sugar in (1 tbsp at a time) and beat until soft peaks. The egg whites mixture should be smooth and shiny at peak form.

9) Fold 1/2 of egg white mixture into plain egg yolk mixtures using a spatula until incorporated.

8) Pour the remaining 1/2 egg white mixture into the cocoa egg yolk mixtures, and gently fold until incorporated.

9) Spoon the batter into tube pan alternatively between the plain and the cocoa mixture. Use a chopstick (or knife) to swirl around the mixture to get marble effect.

10) Bake at lower bottom rack at 170 degrees Celcius for 45 minutes.

11) Remove from the oven and invert pan immediately. Remove cake from pan only when it's completely cooled.

12) Enjoy your pretty marble fluffy! :D


Goodness gracious me! They're so soft and fluffy and yum!!! :D
Looking at the picts make me wanna grab some from the kitchen!
But it's 12 midnight already. TEMPTATION. GO. AWAY. PLEASE!
Well well well, looks like my chiffon frenzy ain't going no where. ;P

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)