I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pandan Fluffy

I wasn't quite satisfied with my Not-So-Matcha fluffy, so I decided to give it another shot. But this time, I attempted the Pandan Fluffy. Again, I compiled a list of recipes, and came up with my own.

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, but I gotta say, this is the best Pandan Fluffy I've ever tasted. The brudder, who isn't a big fan of cakes, gobbled up the entire cake with me, in one day! That's record! :) And for obvious reasons, I want you to give it a try too.

So here goes my compiled-modified-recipe:

Pandan Fluffy
Ingredients:
(A)
6 egg yolks
80g caster sugar
150ml coconut milk
1 tsp pandan paste
1 tsp pandan essence
4 tbsp corn oil
1/4 tsp salt
140g cake flour (sifted thrice)

(B)
6 egg whites
100g caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

Method
1) In a bowl, mix using electric mixer, egg yolks and sugar, until sugar dissolves and mixture turns pale and creamy.

2) Add in both pandan paste and essence into coconut milk; stir well. Mix into egg yolk mixture.

3) Add in corn oil and mix well.

4) Fold in salt and flour, mix well then set aside.

5) In another bowl, with a clean set of mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add in cream of tartar and beat until foamy-like.

6) Gradually add sugar in (1 tbsp at a time) and beat until soft peaks.

7) Fold 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture using a spatula until incorporated.

8) Pour the mixture into the remaining 2/3 egg white mixture, and gently fold until incorporated.

9) Spoon the batter into a 23-cm chiffon tube pan and bang the pan on the table to rid bubbles.

10) Bake at lower bottom rack at 170 degrees Celcius for 45 minutes.

11) Remove from the oven and invert pan immediately. Remove cake from pan only when it's completely cooled.

12) Enjoy your pandan fluffy! :D


Note from The Bakeanista:
(1) If you do not have coconut milk, mix a packet of 50g coconut milk powder with 150ml of warm water.
(2) As a substitute of cake flour, I used 113g all-purpose-flour + 32g cornflour. Ensure that you sift it three times.

2 comments :

MissyNess said...

Where did you get your pandan paste from?

The Bakeanista said...

I'd recommend the Koepoe Koepoe pandan paste. Available in a few grocery stores around. Laguna in the city would def have them! ;)

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)