I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Infamous Chicky Rice

I put my apron and imaginary chef hat back on last night, and whipped up a whole set of chicken rice for my cousins who by now, should be in the airport, ready to board the plane to Brisbane.

Ah, yums! *waves hand in the air, like a gumiho given beef*

The way I plate the chicken with the fried ginger garnish does look quite professional, no? :P I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet here, but I'm just really really proud at how much I've improved.

This is my third time cooking my infamous chicky rice and yesterday's was my best batch yet. I guess practice really does makes perfect. :D

The meat was juicy and tender, then added on with a slight hint of sesame oil and soy sauce - it was just perfecto!

And for the first time, my newly-bought Breville Emporia rice cooker did not disappoint. The rice was fragrant and fluffy, which according to Joe, could be eaten just by its own. Action always speaks louder than words; Joe had 3 bowls of rice and was asking for more!

I was so glad the cousins really enjoyed dinner. Ensuring that my guests are full is never a problem, but making sure that they leave with a smile on their tummy is what that matters most to me.

You have no idea how much I was beaming inside when the cousins kept flattering me with compliments. Yay! :D

If one day I do open a cafe restaurant, this - Infamous Chicky Rice - will definitely top the Chef's Fav list. Ah well, a girl can dream, can't she?

7 comments :

Michelle Chin said...

Yeah you sell chicken rice and I sell steamed egg and milk dessert. The cafe shall be named: The Michelles.

:D WOAH.

Okay, ,just dreaming.

About the rice: I use 1:2 cups of mixed grain rice to Korean rice.

Korean rice can be bought in Korean mart. It is selling for 4 AUD for 2 kilos. The more you buy, the cheaper it is. :D

- m i c h e l l e - said...

HAHAHA! That sounds like an awesomeeeeeeeee plan! :D

The Michelle's WOOTS!

Eh, but korean rice is maroon-ish colour one ar?

Celeste @ Berrytravels said...

Ooh, definitely looks pro! I haven't tried making chicken rice yet - housemate doesn't like chicken BOOOO.

But will definitely have to try one day. I love chicken!

- m i c h e l l e - said...

Awww, thanks Celeste! :D Try, it's really simple and can be kept overnight for lunch the next day too. ;)

Michelle Chin said...

No that's because I used mixed grain rice together with Korean rice.

Ling said...

OH YUMMO!!! Do you have a recipe?

- m i c h e l l e - said...

Hi Ling, unfortunately I don't have a written recipe. But mine is quite similar to this: http://steamykitchen.com/5068-hainanese-chicken-rice.html

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)