I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Addictive Peanut Butter, Oatmeal & Choc Chip Cookies

How's everybody this cold wintery morning? I have just gotten out of bed and this is what I am doing as we speak. Yeap, enjoying a big tub of cookies with my cuppa English Breakfast tea.

Well the thing was, I baked them for my colleague's birthday, and as I usually would, I was meant to try only one to quality check before wrapping them up and presenting these delicious treats as a gift. But it was so good, I could not stop at one.

These cookies are so addictive, I think I've already had more than 25 pieces in a span of 2 days. I am so glad I did a double portion, but I'm pretty sure my waistline is not appreciative of this move.

Don't say I didn't warn you - if you're on a diet (like I was before I discovered these scrummy treats), please do not attempt making this recipe. Trust me, it will be the end of your "healthy eating" routine. 

But for cookie monsters lovers, this is a MUST TRY! Even the batter smelt absolutely gorgeous, I ate some of the dough. Opps. 

Peanut Butter, Oatmeal & Choc Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker & modified by The Bakeanista

Ingredients
  • 300g plain flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 228 unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 egg
  • 1 cup rolled oats (I used quick oats)
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • ½ cup dark chocolate chips
  • ½ cup caramel chocolate chips

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; then set aside.
  3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, for about 3 minutes or until light and well combined.
  4. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat until well incorporated.
  5. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
  6. Use a cookie scoop (about the size of 1 tablespoon) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
  7. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
  8. Share the love and try resisting yourself from having one too many. Good luck! ;)

3 comments :

msihua said...

Delicious! Sounds really easy to make too!

Clarisse said...

Hello there! It’s funny I have just prepared a pack of 12 cookies… but I admit that I have never had the idea to add some soda… what’s the taste, I’m curious!

The Bakeanista said...

@msihua: It is so so yummy and addictive! And yes extremely easy to make.

@Clarisse: I'm not sure if the baking soda made any difference to the taste, but these cookies are so so so addictive and good!

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)