I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Monday, March 16, 2015

Darac Grill & Bar - Revisited

Annyeonghaseyo! :)

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'm a big BIG fan of Korean food. The Boyfriend and I have K-food at least once a week. Sometimes twice a week.

I even have a growing lot of Korean ingredients in my pantry as I have started cooking my own K-food at home too.

I often send pictures of my homecooked lunch/dinner to my mum (often Korean or Japanese dishes) and she said to me the other day, "Are you Chinese or Korean?" Oops!

Anyways! Today I am sharing about my recent craze for budaejjigae, also known to many as Korean army stew at the busy Darac.

I blogged about Darac before, where I shared about how I didn't enjoy the cheesy buldak but seeing how this place has been so highly raved about, I decided to give them a second chance.

They're really popular for their army stew so I thought okay, that's what I will have. And boy, am I glad I did! I've since gone back four times for the stew. ;)

The stew comes in either medium size for 2-3 people ($29) or large size for a bigger group ($38). I like to add ramen ($4) to throw in at the end. *slurpppps*

The spicy stew is really quite spicy, and it sent my tummy on a roller coaster the following morning. So having learnt my lesson, I now order the non-spicy one and request extra chilli paste so I can adjust the level of spiciness to my liking.

The budaejjigae is really perfect for upcoming, cold autumn or winter nights. I'm going to try the cheesy kimchi stew next, as I love my cheese in every dish! ;)

On days when I'm filling like I want to load up on carbs, I'd opt for their pork or beef bibimbap which I also really enjoy!

With lots and lots of gochujang and sweet sauce hehe! Give it a good mix, and voila! Such a simple dish, but so so delicious.

Another favourite dish that I often order at Darac is the Korean Hamburg Steak - tteokgalbi. I'm drooling as I type this.

The meat patties are juicy, succulent, and so full of flavour! I reckon Darac does one of the best tteokgalbi's in town, my other fav place being Mahn Doo.

I live so close to Darac, I'm there every now and again whenever I'm craving either one of the three dishes above.

Darac Grill & Bar on Urbanspoon
Whilst my first experience was a let down, I'm so glad I gave Darac a second chance. I will continue to return to Darac, I just won't order the cheesy buldak haha. :P

If you know of any other places that does good army stew, bibimbap or tteokgalbi, please do let me know! I always love trying new K-restaurants. :)

Have a great week ahead, everyone!

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)